STETRA – a company that advocates values and assumes responsibility
– with the goal of acting sustainably and supporting society.
As a company, we are a part of society, so we believe we have a responsibility to promote the community. We make a special social commitment in those areas that have a special relationship with us as a carrier – with respect to our employees and the environment. STETRA contributes to the promotion of young talent with well-directed donation and sponsoring activities and helps to preserve historical and traditional inland navigation as well as to make modern shipping safer, because we are convinced that we need to invest today in the future we want to live in tomorrow.
We are convinced that old traditions deserve to be preserved, while also promoting our future, so we have decided to provide appropriate assistance to selected local youth projects and the preservation of historic inland navigation.
Donations, sponsorship and charities
We promote and support in a targeted manner.
Youth development TV 1895 Edigheim e. V.
We actively support the youth work of clubs, because team sports, in particular, convey experience through the shared experience of victories, dealing with defeats, recognising strengths and weaknesses, mutual consideration, fighting spirit or willpower. Clubs also make a great contribution to the integration of children from all walks of life and nationalities.
Funding of historical inland navigation
In order to preserve a beautiful example of the historical value and the old tradition of inland navigation, we have been supporting the “Verein Historische Binnenschifffahrt” (Historical Inland Navigation Association), which operates, restores and maintains an inland navigation vessel dating from 1909, for several years. The museum ship testifies to past events and still sails Europe’s rivers and canals today.
The German Maritime Search and Rescue Association
The German Maritime Search and Rescue Association (DGzRS), one of the most modern maritime rescue services in the world, was founded in 1865 with the aim of providing search and rescue services in North Sea and Baltic Sea sea emergencies.
Visit the website here:
Compliance means much more than just adhering to the law. For us, compliance is a question of attitude and the basis of good corporate management.
A company is only as good as its employees, which is why a pleasant working atmosphere and fair treatment of our specialists form the basis of our cooperation. Only employees who are satisfied and can develop their skills will be able to identify with the company. We are proud of our employees, who give their best every day. At STETRA, we try to create ideal working conditions with comprehensive staff training to pave the way for a common future. Our main goals are promoting diversity, identifying potential and supporting innovation.
- Our top priority is to fulfil our clients’ requirements to their satisfaction, taking into account the legal, official and normative requirements, in particular ISO 9001:2015 (certified since 1994), ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001.
- The requirements specified in the EBIS checklist are an integral part of our quality system and are implemented on our ships as well as on our subcontractors’ ships and compliance with them is continuously monitored.
- The health and safety of our employees is a valuable asset, which is why occupational health and safety are vital and of great importance to us. In Switzerland, the EKAS guidelines form the basis for this, in Austria the ASCHG, in Germany the BSBG/VBG and in the Netherlands the ARBO.
- We take all available environmental protection measures into consideration and communicate them to our clients, ship crews and subcontractors.
- We continuously assess and monitor risks, improving our system with integrated emergency plans
that may be of interest to you